First dates are hard. What to talk about? Do I have stuff in my teeth? What should I wear? And while I can't help you with any of that I can help you find a great place for your first dinner date. Below are some restaurants with excellent food that your date is bound to love. All you have to do is choose!
1. Bergen Hill- First you need to confirm if your date likes seafood and if the answer is yes then you need to go to Bergen Hill. The menu focuses on seafood and vegetables so you'll find hen of the woods mushrooms, fennel hummus, langoustine with egg yolk carpaccio and much more. Bergen Hill caters to both raw seafood lovers and fans of grilled octopus with hearty farro. The blue and white mediterranean theme decor, plush lounge seats and minimalist serving dishes are also perfect for getting to know one another in a beautiful place. To read more on Bergen Hill go here.
2. L'Artusi- Pasta is a universally loved dish. If your date is into homey, authentic, handmade pasta then make reservations for L'Artusi. Their cheese plates and extensive wine list is also an added bonus guaranteed to make your date happy. L'Artusi is what I like to call a sexy restaurant. It's dim lit, has marble counter with a chef's table where you watch the chefs hustle and an amazing olive oil cake that will end the night on a perfect note. For more on L'Artusi click here.
3. Thursday Kitchen- Thursday Kitchen is a fun place to take your date. They have boozy Capri Sun drinks which will bring up nostalgic memories that you can both share with each other (Capri Sun for the win!). But don't overlook the food. Thursday Kitchen's take on Korean food is modern, involves cheese and is shareable. Since sharing food is a sign of affection and the dishes here are delicious you can rest assure that this date will be a success. To read about other dishes at Thursday Kitchen see here.
4. Lafayette Grand Cafe & Bakery- Wish you could pull an Aziz Ansari move from Masters of None and travel someplace for your first date? Now you don't need to because you have Lafayette to transport you to Paris. Lafayette looks just like a Paris bistro and even radiates the smell of fresh bread being baked on the premise. The menu is rich and involves a lot of wine. This place is a win win for your first date.
5. Gato- I love the interior of Gato! It's spacious so your date won't be bumping elbows with your neighbor, the wood paneling is rustic yet modern and the Spanish- Mediterranean food from Bobby Flay is a homerun. The menu is perfect for literally anyone who enjoys food whether it's seafood, paella, beef or even pizza. You won't leave feeling hungry.